The Academy is reliant on strong participation by our volunteer workforce. Whether or not you have previous experience in the sport, we’d welcome your help and support.
As well as delivering coaching sessions there are additional opportunities for all coaches to continue their own development. Whether it be through a mentorship programme or simply getting to work with some of the more experienced Academy coaches or Great Britain National Team players and coaches, a tenure at Academy Baseball / Softball will definitely help you to become a better coach.
Benefits to coaching at the Academy
- Coach with and learn from some of the best coaches in the UK
- The opportunity to work with and observe visiting expert coaches – recently this has included coaches from Major League Baseball and the Dutch National Fastpitch Softball Team
- Coach in a performance environment
- Receive a free Academy hat and T-shirt
- Continue your coach development and CPD opportunities
- One free place at the Academy for a player of your choosing*
* Every coach who assists at the Academy for at least seven practices may nominate a player to receive a free place. Upon completion of the fourth practice, the coach should inform the Academy Director who the player is that they wish to nominate. A refund of the membership fee will then be issued to that player.
If you are interested in coaching at the Academy or willing to help us in any way, we’d love to hear from you!